At a Glance
The Public International Law programme of the University of Aberdeen covers a range of courses that explore international contemporary issues. It analyses topics such as International Law’s role in preventing international terrorism, the protection of human rights and the current legal climate’s change regime. This programme provides students with a thorough knowledge of Public International Law pursuing, or working in a career in governmental institutions, international organisations, international non-governmental organisations, international legal firms, or as international legal consultants.
The University of Aberdeen is renowned for attracting world-class teaching staff, unrivalled in their breadth of knowledge and experience in their specialist subjects. You will have access to first rate teaching from highly respected staff. Most of them have an international profile, such as Programme Director Dr Irène Couzigou, who has previously taught at universities in Paris, in France as well as in Heidelberg and Mannheim in Germany. She has also published extensively in several languages.
Public International Law is a subject of global importance. Studying the discipline at Aberdeen will provide you with the skills and experience you will need to work in an international legal profession. You will develop an advanced understanding of Public International Law that will give you a competitive advantage in the jobs market. Some high profile career opportunities available to you could include working with the UN, NATO, The World Bank, a NGO or a global law firm.
- Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship
- International Law: A Time of Challenges
- International Energy and Environmental Law
- World Trade Organisation: Gatt
- The use of Force in International Law
- International Trade and Finance Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Deadlines for applicants applying for full-time on campus postgraduate taught degrees starting in January will be confirmed shortly.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 392 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- Normally, a 2.1 honours degree (or equivalent) in Law will be required to be accepted onto this programme
- Relevant practical experience in a related field will also be beneficial
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- A reference letter from your university discussing your academic ability
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.