The language we use and the way we interpret others is fundamental to how a company or any other professional organisation performs or prospers. These communications are vital to the way we conduct business, co-exist with colleagues and clients - and they reflect how we operate as human beings and how we interact with the wider world. The professional world is a human business. People interact constantly and mis-interpretation can happen. Yet, when we get these communications right and they become a tremendous asset to any professional organisation or individual.
Professional Communication programme at University of Aberdeen is a dynamic and engaging programme as it combines a multidisciplinary approach to allow you to acquire skills and knowledge in organisational negotiation, leadership and rapport management. You examine interaction in a range of professional institutions and business organisations. The programme is designed to equip you with higher level skills in interpreting and analysing communication and interaction in professional situations to allow you to progress a career in Communications.You will study intercultural communication, organisational behaviour and institutional communication. These are covered in the courses which make up this programme. The MSc in Professional Communication is led by an expert team of lecturers from across the university.
Communication and language is essential in all organisations and is considered in a range of professional environments including business, healthcare, law and the energy industry. Courses focus on current communication issues within professional institutions and organisations.
- Human Resources
- Junior Lecturer
- Media Communications
- Public Relations
More informationVisit official programme website
- Marketing Management
- Communication Theory and Analysis
- Interpersonal Management, Negotiation and Persuasion
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 241 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
- The standard entrance requirement is a good second class degree, normally at a 2.1 or above in any discipline.
- The English Language requirement for all College of Arts and Social Sciences is an IELTS of 6.5 with 6.0 for writing and reading, or an equivalent score on an internationally recognised English test with above-average competence in English language.
- The degree is designed for students from a range of undergraduate degree backgrounds including language, linguistics, communication, business studies, law or legal studies.
International18999 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18999 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.