ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Education master’s program offered by St. Mary's University is designed for educators who seek a hands-on and interactive professional growth experience that emphasizes real-world application of current theory and best practices. Special emphasis is placed on expanding and enriching content knowledge, enhancing classroom instruction, and serving the needs of an increasingly diverse student population.
This program brings people with multifaceted and, at times, conflicting perspectives together in a richer and more complex search for what is reliable, worthwhile and true. When such people come together, we are able to achieve one of the highest purposes of education — a community that respects every individual within it.
The course work fosters an integration of knowledge and disciplinary specialization with academic exposure outside of education as an integral part of the program. This holistic rationale is an approach to education that emphasizes the teacher being truly present to students and also teaching, loving and respecting them. Such teachers expect competence and compassion of their students, a solid grasp of subject matter, and a living awareness of the inescapably moral and spiritual dimension of education and life. Accordingly, this program emphasizes a total view of curriculum and instruction, one that promotes ethics, service, learner-centered philosophy, uniqueness of the individual, and application of theory into practice in the school setting.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Educational Practice
- Human Development and Learning
- Curriculum Theory and Practice
- Applied Educational Research
- Secondary Content Area Reading
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- Apply Online (no fee)
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English. If these documents are written in a language other than English, a certified translation in English must be provided together with the original language records. Any translated record should be a literal and not an interpretive translation.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Guarantee
- Copy of your passport
International980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 980 USD per credit and a duration of .
National980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 980 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.