In this Design (Ceramic) program offered by Bath Spa University you’ll develop skills and knowledge through an exciting combination of material investigation and research.
This will allow you to contextualise your practice in relation to current debates in art, craft and design and to develop an individual production strategy.
Approaches of past students range from sculpture and installation through to studio ceramics and design for products.
You’ll be part of a lively ceramics community based around comprehensive workshop provision and studio spaces shared with multidisciplinary BA students specialising in Ceramics.
As postgraduate students, you’ll have the opportunity to extend and hone your making skills in conjunction with developing your understanding of how a Ceramics specialisation might relate to production in art, craft or design contexts.
Typical career destinations include:
- Ceramic design
- Museum work
- Arts administration
- Public art
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies
- Initiating Creative Practice
- Analysis of Contemporary Context
- Developing Creative Practice
- Master's Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign View 416 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You’ll need a good undergraduate degree in Ceramics or equivalent experience. This could include a first degree in other disciplines together with subsequent studio practice. The key is having an open attitude to learning and the potential, in the view of the interview panel, to successfully complete the programme.
- Your portfolio is an important part of the application process, giving us an insight into who you are as a ceramics practitioner. We ask that you include a wide variety of work in your portfolio, including sketchbooks, visual research, tests and trials as well as finished ceramics works.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
UK and EU students part time: £4,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.