Biomedical Sciences - Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism from Maastricht University aims to understand the physiology and the mechanisms underlying these derailments to provide the basis for the ultimate design and optimisation of preventive and therapeutic nutritional and life-style interventions that improve metabolic health and alleviate the diseased state.
To halt the progressive increase in prevalence of disorders that find common ground in disturbed metabolism, we need highly skilled people to identify potentially successful targets and routes for intervention via scientific research. This includes research in academia, hospitals and industry (ranging from biomedical and pharmaceutical companies to companies developing wearables to monitor health and physical activity). You can also apply the knowledge acquired in (academic) teaching or in public health settings to provide new scientific background to novel health promotion programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism: Fundamental Aspects
- Lifestyle Interventions and Metabolism; a Translational Perspective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Nutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 12 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Netherlands
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card, valid on 1 September 2021: make a copy of the page with your personal details.
- A copy of your most recent certified transcript and a copy of your diploma if you have obtained it.
- Your curriculum vitae in English (please list your education, relevant extracurricular activities and internship/professional experience)
- Proof of sufficient command of English.
- A sufficient GRE General test score report.
International16800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.