Biomedical Sciences - Genetics and Genomics programme at Maastricht University is developed in order to provide students with a strong foundation and expertise in the field of genetics. Main focus is on the application of genetics and genomics principles in scientific research and in the clinic with specific attention for cancer, cardiogenetics, neurogenetics, model systems, forensics and personalised medicine.
Students at Biomedical Sciences - Genetics and Genomics programme at Maastricht University will:
- obtain knowledge about technologies for high-throughput collection of 'omics' data and about models used for genetic manipulation or complex human disorders;
- learn about the concepts and limitations of genetic testing, genetics diversity and the influence of epigenetics on the fundamental regulation of gene expression;
- analyse data and define ethical and societal issues concerning genetics and genomics;
- apply the concepts of molecular genetics in the context of research and treatment of diseases (cancer progression, cardiogenetics and neurogenetics);
- identify genetic and biological pathways in complex diseases; and
- apply genetics and genomics in personal medicine.
- Advanced Principles of Genetics
- Clinical and Applied Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Genetics View 108 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card
- A copy of your most recent certified transcript and a copy of your diploma if you have obtained it
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of sufficient command of English
- A sufficient GRE General test score report
International18200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.