At Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience - Psychopathology from Maastricht University emphasising interaction among biological, psychological and social pathways leading to disorder, this specialisation focuses on research questions that can inform prevention and intervention strategies. Psychopathology is also an ideal choice for those who intend in the future to combine science and clinical practice.
The programme also provides you with a solid background for careers in a variety of other settings, which may include the following:
- scientific research and policy functions in research institutes
- somatic and mental health treatment institutions
- forensic institutes
- centres for educational research and counselling
- insurance providers
- government agencies
- pharmaceutical, food, and medical technology industries
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Advanced Statistics
- Clinical Assessment Instruments
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Eating Disorders
- Human Neuroimaging
- The Application of Cognitive Methods in Psychopathology Research
- Mental Health and Happiness
- Psychiatric Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- First selection round deadline: 15 January
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 98 other Masters in Psychology in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card: make a copy of the page with your personal details.
- A copy of your most recent certified grades transcript and a copy of your certified diploma if you have obtained it.
- Letter of motivation, in English, max. 500 words. Make sure to indicate your chosen specialisation at the beginning of the letter.
- Provide information about your academic background (Information Sheet Forensic Master + Research Master).
- Ask for two academic references.
- University bachelor's degree
- Curriculum vitae,
- Copy of your language test with sufficient results (if applicable).
International18200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.