At a Glance
The University of Aberdeen has an internationally renowned reputation and an enviable history in developing new techniques for medical imaging, including being the first place in the world to build a whole-body sized Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanner and conduct a diagnostic MRI scan.
In the Medical Physics programme of the University of Aberdeen you will study such specialisms as nuclear medicine (which includes learning about diagnosing disease using radioactive tracers), radiotherapy, medical electronics and MRI. The programme is aimed at individuals who want to obtain an MSc from a top tier UK University. Applicants typically include recent physics and engineering graduates, people who are on the NHS Medical Physicists training programme and those in employment as medical physicists and radiologists.
- Medical Device Risk Manager
- Medical Physicist
- Postgraduate Researcher
- Radiation Physics Specialist
- Biomedical and Professional Topics in Healthcare Science
- Imaging in Medicine
- Radiation in Medicine
- Computing and Electronics in Medicine
- Radiotherapy and Radiation Physics
- Nuclear Medicine & Positron Emission Tomography
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Physics View 204 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- Physical science or Engineering second-class Honours degree
- Minimum 2:2, 60% or GPA 2.4/4 or 3.0/5 overall
- English Language Requirements
- An up-to-date CV/Resumé
- A degree certificate showing your qualifications
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.