At a Glance
The Public Health programme of the University of Aberdeen covers the core disciplines required for professional accreditation in public health that is relevant to both UK and international students. The programme also offers an excellent range of specialist elective options to allow you to tailor your learning to your needs and includes a flexible project component enabling you to gain experience oriented towards either the development of a professional career in public health practice or the pursuit of an academic career.
You will be taught by experienced lecturers from a broad range of disciplines including epidemiology, statistics, health data science, public health, global health, psychology, sociology, philosophy, economics and management. Lecturers include both renowned academics and expert practitioners to give you the holistic understanding of Public Health. Your learning is enriched by interaction with other students from varied clinical, non-clinical, professional and cultural backgrounds.
Undertaking this MPH does not require any particular specialist knowledge (e.g. clinical).
Completing the MPH at the University of Aberdeen will equip you with a cutting-edge knowledge of Public Health and essential research skills relevant for application in both academic and workplace practitioner environments across the globe, including:
- Career in Public Health Sector: Pursue a career in world ranking academic research institutions for projects commissioned by coordinating authorities of health such as WHO, Ministries of Health and NGOs. You will be able do this by developing a critical awareness of the wide public health domains and demonstrating evidence based knowledge.
- Influence Public Health policy: Influence public health policies through independent research with publication in peer reviewed journals; and contribute to translating research evidence to practice in professional and health authority settings.
- Become an independent researcher: Identify research priorities and goals set by global and national health authorities. You will learn to address these priorities by understanding the key concepts of Public Health through taught courses and translate them to formulating research questions, developing appropriate research methodology, conducting research, analysing data and writing a report.
- A pathway to a PhD and/or Public Health role: With its emphasis on a knowledge of relevant research disciplines, skills in both quantitative and qualitative research methods, critical thinking and scientific writing - an MPH is a common entry pathway to undertaking further research including a health-related PhD.
- Applied Statistics
- Health Economics
- Evidence - Based Health
- Designing Real - World Trials
- Health, Well Being and Behaviour Change
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Statistics Health Sciences View 214 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Aberdeen and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants will usually possess a health-related Honours degree (at a 2:2 level or at least 60%) or be able to demonstrate evidence of equivalent experience in health care practice or research
- Students from non-health backgrounds who have Honours degrees (as above) in science, social science or humanities subjects and who are interested in a public health related career will also be considered for the programme
- English Language Requirements
- An up-to-date CV/Resumé
- A degree certificate showing your qualifications
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International27000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11077 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11077 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Public Health.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.