Your workshops in the Master in Photography and Visual Design at NABA – Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti will take place in studios equipped with the latest equipment and technologies. In collaboration with partner companies and institutions, faculty will give you assignments that simulate real-world projects. Workshops focus on a range of areas, including photography exhibitions, photography magazines, photo/video interactions, and corporate projects.
During the final phase of the program, you’ll complete a period of internship at a selected company or institution, such as a publishing company, editorial office, photo agency, photo archive, museum, gallery, or photo studio. There, you have a chance to make connections and gain practical knowledge that will facilitate your entry into the world of photography, visual arts, and communication. You’ll learn professional presentation techniques that will be useful in the working environment, and you’ll develop the technical and practical skills you need to succeed as a photographer/visual designer in national and international markets.
This program trains graduates to become professionals who are involved in the creation, direction, production, and distribution of photographic images for both commercial objectives and artistic goals, such as:
- Photographers in a variety of fields, including advertising, fashion, architecture, and the arts
- Curators, cultural operators, and events managers for photographic exhibitions, festivals, fairs, and other cultural venues
- Photo editors and image consultants for companies and publishing houses
- Photo research specialists and archivists for image banks and stock photography agencies
- Managers in cultural industries who are involved in the production and management of photographic materials
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Project And Set Design
- Photography (Magazine)
- Photo Editing
- History of Photography
- Theory of Image
- Photo Documentation
- Computer Graphics
- Photography Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 19 other Masters in Visual Arts in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The program is intended for candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree or academic diploma in the fields of photography, visual arts, or design, or in a theoretical subject within the arts or humanities.
- Students with a different degree or diploma, as well as professionals with significant experience in the program’s field, will be considered if they are motivated by a strong research interest in the program’s topics.
- A commission will evaluate candidates on a case-by-case basis.
International18600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.