The Master of Science in Finance with a Major in International Finance is developed for you to understand the macroeconomic forces that shape the world today, how to assess risk and respond to emerging finance and investment challenges. Geneva Business School has established a trading partner with the London Academy of Trading, to offer short term trading sessions during the final 6 month Thesis period, increasing job opportunities afterwards.
Over the course students will :
- Acquire knowledge of international taxation and estate planning.
- Learn risk management and gain an in depth knowledge of insurance companies.
- Be able to perform a Technical Analysis.
- Be familiar with Hedge Fund analysis and management.
- Explore financial statement analysis for executives
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Assets Manager
- International organisations treasurer manager
- International financial manager
- International financial consultant
Geneva Business School has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), the Association of Accredited Schools of Business International (AASBI) and EDUQUA. Geneva Business School has also strong ties with partner universities, enabling exchange programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your International Finance major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.
Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Wealth Management
- Hedge Fund Analysis and Management
- Finance and Backing
- International Financial Crisis
- Capital Budgeting
- Financial Markets
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
INTAKE: February & September
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance View 60 other Masters in Business Administration in Switzerland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 / DET 105-110 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Applicants may submit the Duolingo English Test (DET), which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview.
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates
- A 500-word written response to a business case study
- An interview with a representative from the academic team on their chosen campus. The candidate’s response to the case study will be discussed in the interview.
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID
1 reference letter from a former academic institution
Exceptional admissions conditions – COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Geneva Business School Board of Management has decided that it will accept students even if they are unable to obtain their TOEFL/ IELTS English exam results due to the pandemic.
During the application interviews, we will apply the same level of rigorous assessment as well as thoroughly evaluate the candidate’s level of comprehension in English to ensure that everyone has the capacity to participate in class.
Candidates accepted to Geneva Business School without TOEFL/IELTS or high school examination results will be afforded one additional academic year, from the time they join our school, to provide the missing documents.
Applicants may submit the Duolingo English Test (DET), which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview. Duolingo’s technology and format allows applicants to complete the test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19260 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
National19260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19260 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
Application Fee: EUR 150 (non-refundable, paid upon application) Administration Fee: CHF 3,000 (one-time fee, 80% refund if the entry visa or residence permit is refused by the visa authorities)
Tuition per semester: CHF 10,250 (1.5-year / 3-semester program) (100% refund if the entry visa or residence permit is refused by the visa authorities)
Total price: CHF 33,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.