In the Curatorial Practice program from California College of the Arts, students work closely with faculty alongside visiting curators, designers, and artists to develop the intellectual and analytical skills needed to pursue a range of professional paths in curating and contemporary art.
- With a broad perspective of the curatorial, the program positions the curator as a productive agent and researcher who embraces context as a valuable asset for articulating connections among artists, ideas, objects, archives, institutions, digital technologies, and audiences.
- The program equips students with knowledge and tools, inspires curiosity and builds self-confidence for working creatively across disciplines and thinking imaginatively about mediation today, incorporating activity beyond art into the field of curating.
- Contemporary Art History and Theory
- Exhibition Form
- Art and Criticism
- Art and Experiences
- Exhibition Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 791 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (international applicants only)
- Personal essay
International42600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42600 USD per year during 24 months.
National42600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42600 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.