At a Glance
Economic globalisation and recent world events, including Brexit and trade wars, have thrown a spotlight on the issues, challenges and complexities of international trade and trade negotiation. We offer a specialist LLM programme in this area with career opportunities for skilled and ambitious lawyers with broad and transferable skills to continue to grow. The International Trade Law and Treaty Negotiation with Professional Skills programme of the University of Aberdeen is also available full-time or part-time blended learning which combines the advantages of an online, distance learning programme with the extra opportunity to further develop your professional skills in trade negotiation at a summer course on campus.
- Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship
- World Trade Organisation: Gatt
- International Intellectual Property: Framework and Challenges
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Comparative Contract Law for International Transactions
- International Energy and Environmental Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Deadlines for applicants applying for full-time on campus postgraduate taught degrees starting in January will be confirmed shortly.
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Legal Studies View 485 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Aberdeen and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a 2(1) honours degree in Law (or another related discipline) or equivalent
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.