At a Glance
On the comprehensive Human Nutrition programme of the University of Aberdeen you will have the opportunity to study different areas of human nutrition before deciding which to specialise in. This flexible course structure means your studying will be best aligned with your interests and career requirements.
The programme is run in collaboration with the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, part of the University of Aberdeen, one of the leading and oldest nutrition research institutes in Europe. For over 100 years, the Rowett Institute has played a major role in informing policy and establishing the link between diet and health; it continues to work on major diet-related health and food security issues to this day.
Completing the MSc Human Nutrition at the University of Aberdeen will give you the knowledge, understanding and practical insight required to advance your career in nutrition. You will broaden your career opportunities and develop an invaluable network of contacts through the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, one of the leading nutrition research facilities in Europe.
Career options available to you include:
- Further study (PhD)
- Academic jobs in university settings, e.g. lecturer, researcher
- Public Health Policy Manager
- Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinator
- Fitness and Nutrition Counsellor
Not only will you gain a qualification from one of the world’s top 200 universities (QS World Rankings 2020 and Times Higher World University Rankings 2020), but you will be part of Aberdeen’s strong heritage of research excellence. In 2014, the University was ranked number 1 in the UK by the Research Excellence Framework in the Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science category.
- Foundations of Nutrition
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Fundamentals of Research Design
- Applied Statistics
- Nutrition in Context
- Nutrition and Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Statistics Health Sciences View 1770 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree in Biological Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent research or field experience
- Students who do not meet the current entry requirements, such as a lower degree in a relevant subject, or appropriate level of degree but in an alternative discipline, may be eligible to enter the programme via one of our MSc access route options
- These routes are designed to help students planning to study MSc Human Nutrition (on campus) or MSc Clinical Nutrition (online) gain the required level of biomedical science knowledge and understanding to prepare for postgraduate studies
- English Language Requirements
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.