This Masters is led by the Sustainability Research Institute and brings together a wide range of academic expertise from the School of Earth and Environment, the School of Politics and International Studies, and from the practitioner community.
You will investigate the debates and challenges associated with international development that is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable and contribute towards achieving solutions that support this topical, fast-growing field.
You will gain the knowledge, skills and practical experience that national and international employers require to reconcile distinct objectives, such as the need for sustainable economic development and environmental conservation.
The Environment and Development degree from University of Leeds is ideal if you would like to develop or continue a career in environment and/or development practice, policy, training or research, and/or if you are thinking of working in an international capacity. The Masters will prepare you for work in both the public and private sectors, and within local, national and international institutions. Alternatively, you could pursue a research career or go on to a PhD.
The School of Earth and Environment has a strong commitment to enhancing student employability and has its own dedicated Employability Officer. We offer extra support and activities to help you stand out in your chosen field and achieve your career goals.
This course is ideal if you want to continue your undergraduate studies, you are looking for a career change, or if you are looking to increase your skill set to progress in your career in industry or academia.
We typically find that graduates assume, or continue careers, in sustainability, environmental management or development practice. Our alumni work in the research, public and private sectors and within local, national and international institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Research Project
- Environmental Policy and Governance
- Critical Perspectives in Environment and Development
- GIS and Environment
- Business, Environment and Sustainability
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 230 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in social sciences such as (but not limited to) international development, geography, politics, sociology, environmental management, sustainability, in environmental science or in a related subject.
- Applicants with a 2.2 will be considered on a case by case basis where applicants can demonstrate relevant work experience or aptitude in a relevant specialist field. Graduates from other disciplines and those with professional experience in the sector will also be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.