The curriculum of the MRes Molecular Pathology, Bioinformatics and Diagnostics at the University of Nottingham has been developed in collaboration with industrial partners and has sufficient breadth to open career pathways in industry, academia and the NHS.
It is particularly suitable for graduates wishing to pursue a career in molecular pathology research or in industry (especially molecular diagnostics).
For those who are medically qualified, they will proceed to be consultants or clinical academics in histopathology, oncology etc.
Students from our course are envisaged to go on to a wide variety of positions including:
- clinical careers in histopathology
- Molecular Diagnostics industries
- pharmaceutical industries
- postgraduate medicine programmes
- patent lawyers
- recruitment consultants
- clinical trials
- Genetics and Gene regulation
- Statistics and Bioinformatics
- Theoretical and Applied Molecular Diagnostics in the NHS
- Research Module
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiotechnology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 126 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
- 2.2 in a science degree or Pass in a medical degree
International26955 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26955 GBP per year and a duration of .
EU/EEA12960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12960 GBP per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.