This programme in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course offered at the University of Nottingham gives you the opportunity to put the therapeutic skills you've learned into practice during your weekly clinical supervision sessions. You'll receive dedicated support and expert teaching from a team of accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapists with a wide range of experience across primary and secondary care.
The course enables you to develop your knowledge and practice of CBT skills, allowing you to work as a CBT (high intensity) practitioner.
Completion of this programme goes entirely towards meeting the requirements of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) for the training element of practitioner accreditation. If you're seeking accreditation, it is important to ensure that you will fully meet all requirements (available on the BABCP website).
- Assessment and Formulation Skills in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Theory and Clinical Interventions
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety Disorders and Depression
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety Disorders and Depression 2: Complexity
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Dissertation Project (for MSc award)
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCognitive Sciences Counselling Psychology View 92 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United Kingdom
- 2:2 UK honours degree (or above) in a related subject
- You will need to be working in mental health and social care or associated independent sector agencies.
You need a core profession relating to mental health or can go through the Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes (KSA) Route to Accreditation and provide a portfolio as outlined on the BABCP website
National11200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- MSc top up (dissertation only): £2,800
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.