At a Glance
The University of Aberdeen has developed an enviable reputation in pharmacology and drug metabolism since the discipline was founded over 50 years ago.
The main areas covered in the MSc are:
- drug metabolism and toxicology
- small molecule drug discovery
- biologic drug discovery
In addition to these topics you will also learn about research methods which are key to understanding modern drug discovery and development. Uniquely, this programme will also teach you about Bio-Business which describes the commercialisation of scientific ideas, demystifies the language of business and explains the business models used by the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Drug Discovery and Development programme of the University of Aberdeen is suitable for graduates in biomedical science, pharmacy and medicine who want to improve their career prospects, widen their knowledge base and are interested in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Completing the MSc in Drug Discovery and Development at the University of Aberdeen will give you a wide range of career opportunities within academia and industry.
The University of Aberdeen strongly believes in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary working, meaning our programme will help you build an essential network of contacts that will prove useful in establishing your career in drug discovery and development.
On graduating from the programme, there are several career options you can choose from, some of which include:
- Research in academia or the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- Further study (PhD, MPhil)
- Regulation of medicines/drugs worldwide
- Business development in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Small Molecule Drug Discovery
- Basic Skills - Induction
- Commercialisation and Bio - Business
- Molecular Genetics
- Molecular Pharmacology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Molecular Sciences View 164 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- Applicants will usually require a second class Honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in a biomedical science subject such as biochemistry, biomedical science, pharmacology or a degree in medicine or pharmacy
- English Language Requirements
International23500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- RUK students fee - £10,200 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.