In this programme you will acquire profound knowledge and excellent expertise in engineering software-intensive systems, which imply the ability to cope with complexity in designing, verifying and implementing such systems globally. You will obtain knowledge of principles for the analysis, design and implementation of large and complex software systems with special emphasis on predictability and performance.
The modern trends that will dominate future software development including component-based software engineering, service-oriented architectures, interoperability and global system development will be taught. You will be provided with the know-how necessary for working successfully in a global context, with an opportunity to specialize in specific areas of software engineering, such as dependability or component- and model-based development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Software Engineering 2: Project teamwork
- Software Verification and Validation
- Software Engineering 3: Software Architecture and Processes
- Model-driven Software Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 60 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Sweden
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to 180 credits, of which at least 90 credits are within Computer Science or Computer Engineering and at least 22,5 credits in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics.
- A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score of 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT) or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and no band score below 5.5 or equivalent is required.
International13843 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27686 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Total programme fee: 260,000 SEK
Mälardalen University scholarship programme
Every year Mälardalen University offers a limited numbers of scholarships to students applying for a Master's programme with us as their first choice.
The scholarship will cover 100% of the tuition fee of the programme as long as you follow the normal study plan (minimum 22.5 credits/semester, minimum 45 credits/academic year). The scholarship does not cover living expenses. If your status from being a fee-paying student to a non-paying student is changed during the study period of the programme you will no longer be granted the scholarship.
Please note, if your application for scholarship is to be considered you must have applied for the programme at Mälardalen University as your first choice and submitted supporting documentation within deadlines. In addition the application fee must have been paid in time.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.