The Sustainable Energy Systems programme from Mälardalen University will provide you with cutting-edge knowledge in techniques utilising the sun, wind and biomass as energy sources. You will among other things learn more about
- production of power and heat by way of energy conversion based on steam and gas turbine processes
- performance analyses of different energy systems and process integration
- methods for optimisation, modelling and simulation of energy systems.
Mälardalen University transfers the latest research results to the education in this Master's programme. You will thus be well prepared for a future career at the forefront of the technological development in energy engineering and research.
Employment and Future Prospects
Sustainable energy systems are necessary to overcome the problems related to the world's energy supply and climate change. Future employers are primarily energy companies, consulting firms in Sweden or abroad, and public organisations such as municipalities and government agencies.
- Energy Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy Computer Sciences View 32 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to at least 180 credits and with a major in engineering, including Engineering thermodynamics, Heat transfer/Thermal engineering and Fluid dynamics and at least 22,5 credits Mathematics/Applied Mathematics.
- A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT), or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and no band score below 5.5, or equivalent is required.
International12689 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25379 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
For students outside EU/EEA
- Per installment prior to each semester: 67500 SEK
- Annual tuition fee: 135000 SEK
- Total programme fee: 270000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.