The Industrial Ecology of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) studies an emergent scientific discipline that promotes a systemic approach to human problems, integrating technical, environmental and social aspects. It is argued that this approach will show the way to sustainable development. For that reason Industrial Ecology is considered to be the 'toolbox for sustainable development' and the 'science of sustainability'.
The Master’s in Industrial Ecology is a cooperation between two Dutch universities:
- Leiden University (Faculty of Science)
- Delft University of Technology (Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management)
Both universities are at the forefront of the field of Industrial Ecology. Since 2005, when the programme of IE started, the research groups on sustainability issues with a problem owner from industry, government or research institute have gained international respect. Both universities deliver an equivalent contribution to the overall teaching programme.
- Analytical Methodologies and Tools
- Closed loop supply chains
- Design of Sustainable Technological Systems
- Fundamentals of Modelling and Data Analysis
- General Introduction to Industrial Ecology
- Renewable Energy Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design Ecology View 18 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the Natural Sciences, Engineering Sciences, or Social Sciences from an accredited university programme and comparable with three years of Dutch Academic Education.
- A demonstrable affinity with multi-disciplinary education and research by showing course modules, summer courses, internships, or other relevant experiences that are within the endterms of the bachelor’s degree, or at least at sufficient academic level, but clearly outside the main field of the bachelor’s degree.
- For Dutch HBO students, the grade point average of the entire curriculum has to be 7.5 or higher.
- Motivation letter.
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.