In addition to the course itself the University supports a number of reading and social events in which you would be able to participate, as well as the publication of a course anthology showcasing students' work.
Study can either be full-time over one year, or part-time over two.
The main educational aims of the programme are:
- to provide, for the student with a serious commitment to creative writing, the opportunity to complete, with guidance and advice from experienced writers, a significant piece of creative work (in English or Welsh); and, in so doing,
- to assist the student to a more complex understanding of the nature and difficulties of creative writing;
- to create the spirit of a writers' community in which the student will have regular and supportive contact with a wide range of writers, both professional and otherwise;
- to acquaint the student with some techniques and strategies for the teaching of creative writing;
- to encourage creativity and critical self-reflection and an awareness of cultural and linguistic production and reception of meaning.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Creative Writing
- Writing Workshop: Research and Writing
- Writing Workshop: Writing and Context
- Writers' World
- Creative Project (Dissertation)
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 204 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
- Applicants may have achieved a 2:1 degree in Creative Writing or a cognate discipline (those with a 2:2 may be considered for entry to a Postgraduate Diploma in the first instance
- International students applying for study at postgraduate level will normally be required to show evidence of sufficient command of the English language to be able to follow their course, undertake research and produce writing without major linguistic difficulties. For example, this is usually the Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency Certificate, IELTS minimum score of 6.5, TOEFL minimum score of 575.
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6200 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.