What you will learn:
The masters degree in music incorporates a contemporary music curriculum that extends to music of the European art tradition, jazz, popular music and music of non-Western cultures. Encourages connections among diverse music cultures, between and within the arts and other expressions of human endeavor, and supports creativity, innovation, and discovery as students prepare for future professional involvement.Learning outcomes:
- Be knowledgeable and articulate about the practices and works of the music from the 20th and 21st centuries, as well as the core of musical knowledge prior to these centuries.
- Develop advanced levels of expertise in their concentration areas and apply that knowledge in a broad range of musical environments.
- Develop self-awareness as artists, educators, and music leaders.
- Introduction to Graduate Research
- Special Topics in Contemporary Musicology
- Contemporary Readings in Music
- Recording and Media Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 1112 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed and signed application form and financial affidavit form.
- $60 Application Fee + $80 International Express mailing fee.
- Official transcripts from previous school(s).
- Financial documentation
- Photocopy of current passport ID page
- Students from the People’s Republic of China must include a color copy of their Chinese citizenship ID card.
- Official copy of English testing score report.
International911 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 911 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 639 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.