Our fully accredited MUP curriculum covers planning history and theory; technical skills and knowledge; and in our popular studio courses, the practical hands-on experience needed to be a successful practicing planner or designer. Students choose one of five areas in which to specialize, or may earn a dual degree in another program on campus while concurrently enrolled in the MUP program.
Are you a prospective student interested in the Urban Planning from University of Washington? Please see our MUP Admissions page to discover four reasons why the MUP program is a great place to study planning. Also, please see “Why I Chose UW” to learn why other students like you chose the UW MUP program for their planning education.
- Survey of Urban Planning
- Comprehensive Planning and Implementation
- Communication and Analysis
- The Urban Form
- Planning Studio Prep
- Theories and Methodologies of Planning
- Quantitative Methods in Urban Design and Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Mechanical Engineering Urban Planning View 453 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Previous academic performance and relevance of the education to urban design and planning
- Relevance of previous non-academic experience to urban design and planning
- Clarity of objectives and their relevance to the profession in general and the Department of Urban Design and Planning, University of Washington in particular
- Quality of recommendations
- GRE scores
- English proficiency, for all applicants whose native language is not English. Proficiency can be demonstrated in a number of ways;
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.