Endorsement: Licensed teachers desiring a reading specialist/interventionist credential who want to enhance and broaden both reading specific knowledge, instructional practices and strategies, and other responsibilities in the classroom.
Certificate: Newly licensed teachers who wish to gain advanced literacy training, without pursuing an add-on endorsement to their teaching license.Learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for effective education practice in the specific role of the reading specialist as outlined by the International Literacy Association’s standards for reading professionals.
- Understand and embrace a holistic approach to reading instruction and assessment that considers the social, cultural, cognitive, and linguistic aspects of literacy.
- Able to locate, incorporate and utilize multiple sources of authentic methods and materials for theoretically, culturally, and developmentally appropriate instruction.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Literacy K-Adult
- Supporting Language and Literacy Development
- Assessment and Instruction and Reading
- Practicum I: Leadership in the School Reading Program
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3517 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed and signed application form and financial affidavit form.
- $60 Application Fee + $80 International Express mailing fee.
- Official transcripts from previous school(s).
- Financial documentation
- Photocopy of current passport ID page
- Students from the People’s Republic of China must include a color copy of their Chinese citizenship ID card.
- Official copy of English testing score report.
International911 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 911 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 639 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.