Why to study
The UW Department of Speech & Hearing Sciences at the University of Washington, and its clinical degree programs are also accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA). When you complete the MedSLP program, you will earn a Master of Science degree in Medical Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Washington and be eligible to apply for ASHA’s Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
The MedSLP master's program is a two-year degree program grounded on the foundational processes and mechanisms involved in human communication and its disorders. It provides a focused, advanced course of study that prepares you for work as a speech-language pathologist in medical settings such as hospitals and rehabilitation centers. This program is distinguished by its curricular specialization and innovative teaching paradigm, which includes the application of knowledge within a medical framework and a community-based clinical education model.
- Clinical Methods for Documenting Change
- Assessment & Treatment of Childhood Speech & Phonological Disorders
- Professional Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Linguistics View 376 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International18978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9489 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5294 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.