There are five major components emphasized through your coursework and practical experiences, including:
- individual and group counseling theory and technique;
- influence of career acquisition and personal independence on the daily lives of persons with disabilities;
- social and psychological impact of disability on an individual and family;
- federal, state, and private service delivery systems for persons with disabilities; and
- self-awareness on the part of counselors-in-training.
Applicants must already hold a bachelor’s degree, and 2 years of work experience is preferred. This is a 2 year (81 – 90 credit) program that also requires a practical internship and the development of a professional portfolio project. New cohorts begin each Fall Term, and courses are delivered in an on-campus format.
- Medical and Functional Aspects in Rehabilitation
- Psychosocial and Environmental Aspects of Disability
- Practicum in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling Internship
- Introduction to the Helping Profession
- Counseling Theory and Techniques
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Professional Orientation to Rehabilitation Services and Resources
- Job Development, Placement, and Retention
- Rehabilitation Counseling Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCounselling View 894 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Completed and signed application form and financial affidavit form.
- $60 Application Fee + $80 International Express mailing fee.
- Official transcripts from previous school(s).
- Financial documentation
- Photocopy of current passport ID page
- Students from the People’s Republic of China must include a color copy of their Chinese citizenship ID card.
- Official copy of English testing score report.
International23238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23238 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National14025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14025 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.