The Geographical Information Systems programme from University of Leeds provides highly qualified and motivated students sought by employers in the sector.
Core modules introduce GIS, a rapidly evolving area in business, health and planning settings, as well as in environmental applications.
- A degree from Leeds and the experience you'll gain here will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a job.
- The University of Leeds is in the top five most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters, according to High Fliers’ The Graduate Market in 2021 report.
- Professional & Personal Development
- GIS Data Visualisation & Analysis
- Dissertation (GIScience)
- Programming for Geographical Information Analysis: Core Skills
- GIS and Environment
- Geodemographics and Neighbourhood Analysis
- Digital Image Processing for Environmental Remote Sensing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 69 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a relevant subject such as geography, earth or environmental science, economics or a social science, mathematics, computer science or other subjects where good numeracy and/or computing skills can be demonstrated.
- Relevant work experience and professional training courses are viewed positively and are taken into account particularly for candidates whose first degree grade falls below the normal minimum requirement.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.