Completion of this Genetic Epidemiology degree from University of Washington prepares graduates for careers in academic institutions, health care delivery systems, public health departments, governmental agencies, and the private sector, particularly biotechnology. The core curriculum develops competencies in genetic epidemiology, epidemiology, biostatistics, and bioinformatics within the broader context of ethical, legal and social issues. The degree requires coursework in genetic epidemiology, epidemiology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, law, and bioethics. Upon completion, graduates will have been introduced to the research principles and methods that will enable them to design, conduct, analyze, and interpret genetic epidemiologic research. Successful completion requires a research-based master's thesis.
Academia; research institutes and organizations; HMO's; local, state, and national government.
- Apply knowledge of inheritance to understanding the etiology of a variety of diseases and health conditions;
- Describe the major genetic epidemiologic research study designs and their advantages and limitations and apply epidemiological and statistical approaches to the study of risk factors and diseases with a genetic component;
- Design, conduct and analysis of genetic epidemiologic studies and interpretation of findings, including integration of findings from other genetic epidemiologic studies;
- Describe the importance of evaluating interactions among genes, environmental factors, and behaviors, and their roles in health and disease;
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGenetics Epidemiology View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Washington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.