Illustration from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY is for self-motivated illustrators who want to further develop their personal vision and for experienced illustrators seeking to reinvigorate their careers. Studio practice in drawing, painting, and digital media—and the integration of all three—provides a platform for you to find your own voice. Through a focus on studio practice along with classes on creative writing and research, you’ll gain a broad perspective on the illustrator’s role across different media. A faculty of noted illustrators offer rigorous assignments designed to elicit high-quality, competitive work. You’ll hear distinguished guest lecturers and take advantage of FIT’s New York City location with frequent field trips to museums and galleries.
Graduates with Illustration from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- Enhance expertise in studio based skills and illustration principles that foster acumen for visual storytelling.
- Develop and/or augment a personal voice in the students’ art through the exploration of a variety of visual vocabularies to express a unique perspective.
- Encourage research, both written and visual, and foster in-depth knowledge of the history of illustration as well as contemporary trends in illustration.
- Deliver the tools to foster best practices for Business and Self Promotion.
- Cultivate the practice of professional communication and presentation skills.
- The History of American Illustration
- Integrating Digital with Traditional Media
- Drawing for Illustration
- Exploring Media
- Narrative Art
- Sequential Storytelling
- Illustration in Motion
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 570 other Masters in Design in United States
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Online application
- $100 Application Fee
- Official academic transcripts or course-by-course International Credential Evaluation
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- 3 Short Essays/ 1 Optional Essay
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- GPA 3.0
International23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11793 USD per semester during 36 months.
National23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11793 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State11542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5771 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.