At Fashion and Textile Studies - History, Theory, Museum Practice from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY you'll study the historical and cultural significance of fashion interpretation, and be trained to approach costume and textile history from various traditional and innovative perspectives. You'll also learn practical skills, from how to identify fibers and treat various kinds of objects, to the proper way to roll a textile and dress a mannequin.
CareersGraduates find positions as curators, collections managers, historic house directors, fashion and textile historians, costume and textile conservators, and vintage clothing and textile dealers, among many others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fashion History through the Nineteenth Century
- History of Western Textiles
- Collection Management Skills
- Fiber and Fabric: Identification and Analysis
- History of Twentieth Century Fashion
- Dress and Textiles in World Cultures
- Museum Theory and Practices
- Conservation Practices: Theory and Technique
- Costume and Textile Mounting Skills
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design Museum Studies View 84 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Online application
- $100 Application Fee
- Official academic transcripts or course-by-course International Credential Evaluation
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- 3 Short Essays/ 1 Optional Essay
- Submit Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- GRE Scores (recommended, not required)
- GPA 3.0
International23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11793 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11793 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5771 USD per semester during 24 months.
Part time tuition:
- Local students: 481 USD per credit
- National and International students: 983 USD per credit
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.