The Nutritional Sciences faculty is composed of core, interdisciplinary, and clinical faculty who are recognized as national and international experts in the areas of health policy, epidemiology, public health program planning and evaluation, food systems, and maternal and child health.
Through the coursework and hands-on fieldwork and practicum experiences, students achieve competencies established for all MPH graduates by the Council on Education for Public Health, the accrediting body for schools and programs of public health. These foundational competencies include areas such as evidence-based approaches to public health, planning and management to promote health, policy, leadership, and systems thinking. Additionally, the Public Health Nutrition degree from University of Washington is a member of the Association of Graduate Programs in Public Health Nutrition which aims to promote excellence in graduate education for public health nutritionists who will design and manage population-based community nutrition programs and services.
Graduates of our MPH program are recognized as strong candidates for positions in a range of community nutrition settings including state and local public health agencies, USDA Extension programs, anti-hunger organizations, and school and worksite wellness programs. Students who pursue the MPH degree in combination with the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (RD training program) or a previously earned RDN credential, are also regarded as highly skilled candidates for dietetics practice and leadership roles in clinical and community practice settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Structural Racism and Public Health
- Graduate Seminar: Current Issues in Nutrition
- Food and Society: Exploring Eating Behaviors in a Social, Environmental, and Policy Context
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Nutrition Research Design
- GCPD Seminar
- Biostatistical Reasoning for the Health Sciences
- Introduction to Health Services and Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 228 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate School Application & Application Fee
- Nutritional Sciences Application with Statement
- Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (GCPD) Application
- Scanned or PDF Copies of Your UNOFFICIAL Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- GRE Scores
- International Applicants: TOEFL Scores or Other Required English Proficiency Exam Score
International25544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12772 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National14984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7492 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.