At the Museology Graduate Program at the University of Washington, we believe in the power of integration. We integrate research and practice. Museum professionals need both hands-on experience, as well as strong skills in analytics and writing.
We integrate disciplines. Museum studies is fundamentally an interdisciplinary field, and we’ve built and continue to maintain a program that purposefully sits at the intersection of various disciplines on campus. Students integrate Museology courses with coursework in anthropology, zoology, art history, education, and engineering.
We integrate evaluation and research. Faculty infuse research throughout the learning experience. Students are trained to evaluate and test. To pinpoint what works and what doesn’t. Students who become smitten with evaluation can pursue the country’s only specialization in museum evaluation to fine-tune their expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Careers and Social Capital
- Internship and Directed Fieldwork
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Museum Studies View 654 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.