Why to study the Middle East Studies programme at the University of Washington
- Our M.A. program requirements are flexible and administered by a supportive faculty/staff team who want to see you succeed.
- 95% of our M.A. students finish in two years.
- Most of our classes are small, seminar-style.
- Our more than fifty affiliated faculty include experts in a very wide range of disciplines with extensive field experience.
- We offer US Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS) through the UW Middle East Center.
- We offer outstanding, proficiency-based language instruction in modern Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Turkish.
- We make it easy for students to simultaneously pursue degrees in other professional programs such as Public Affairs and Law.
- We offer superb student career counseling and placement services, paired with faculty mentoring and guidance.
- And, face it: Seattle is a cool place to be.
- Islamic Civilization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 797 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Washington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.