In this two-year, part-time or full-time Biomedical Regulatory Affairs program from University of Washington, you'll develop expertise in the regulations governing medical product development and learn how to lead every step of the regulatory process.
Prepare for Diverse Career Opportunities
The Biomedical Regulatory Affairs program from University of Washington is geared to those who want to launch or advance their career in the regulatory affairs field. With a uniquely broad focus on drugs, devices and biologics, our program prepares you for roles in manufacturing, compliance, marketing, quality assurance and more.
Gain Practical Experience
Students benefit from the program's close ties to the Seattle-area biotechnology, medical device and biomedical industries. During the program practicum, you’ll gain crucial on-the-job experience in regulatory affairs at a Seattle-area company or institution.
In 2013, regulatory affairs manager made the CNNMoney list of best jobs in America, ranking because of its combination of job demand, job satisfaction and excellent pay. According to CNNMoney, demand for regulatory affairs managers is expected to grow by 7.9 percent between 2010 and 2020, and the median salary for this position was $97,000, with top earners making $139,000.
Diverse Career Opportunities
Career opportunities in the biomedical regulatory affairs field range from entry level to upper management and from highly technical to business oriented. Regulatory affairs professionals are involved in all aspects of the product life cycle, including areas such as:
- ensuring compliance with FDA or international regulations
- planning and supervising clinical trials
- specifying product labeling and packaging requirements
- Biomedical Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Trials
- Skills for the Regulatory Affairs Professional
- Product Development & Manufacturing Systems
- Implementation & Conduct of Clinical Trials
- Technical Writing for Biomedical Regulatory Affairs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Microbiology View 1224 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.