The aim of the the Sustainable Destination Development M.Sc. at Uppsala University is to familiarise yourself with issues relating to sustainable regional and destination development from many different perspectives for use in your future occupation, encompassing supervision, community planning, education, research, communication, management of natural resources or decision-making.
In close collaboration with the tourist industry, regional authorities and the community, you will be requested to perform theoretical, strategic and practical work, including all the challenges visitor-intensive regions across the world will be facing in the future.
This programme prepares you to work on sustainability issues in the tourism sector in regions across the world: within public administration locally, regionally and nationally, at destination companies, within the private tourism sector or as an entrepreneur. You can choose a career related to development, strategy and management, particularly regarding natural and cultural resources, or in public and private destination companies. Your work could cover business development, sustainability and CSR to push innovation both in the private and public sector. You will acquire skills covering supervision, community planning, education, research, communication, management of natural resources and decision-making related to sustainability issues.
- Tourism and Environmental Sustainability
- Nature-Based Destinations and Sustainable Development
- Cultural Heritage in Sustainable Destination Development
- Natural Heritage in Sustainable Destination Development
- Cultural and Natural Heritage in Practice
- Entrepreneurship in the Tourism Industry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sustainable Development Tourism & Leisure View 55 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose (1 page).
International14445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28890 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.