Tourist destinations across the world face major challenges. With less visitors, their economies will be threatened; with more visitors, their social, cultural and ecological sustainability will be threatened. How can visits become sustainable? What is required to achieve sustainable visitor locations, and how can we ensure they will remain this way?
You should study this Master Programme in Sustainable Destination Development - Entrepreneurship for Destination Development at Uppsala University if you want to develop cross-border, international key competencies in this field.
In close collaboration with the tourist industry, regional authorities and the community, you will be requested to perform theoretical, strategical and practical work, including all the challenges visitor-intensive regions across the world will be facing in the future.
The aim of the programme is to familiarise yourself with issues relating to sustainable regional and destination development from many different perspectives for use in your future occupation, encompassing supervision, community planning, education, research, communication, management of natural resources or decision-making.
You can choose a career focused on development, strategy and management, business development, sustainability and CSR, and innovation in both the private and public sector. You will learn how to push innovation processes targeted at the tourism sector, and you will become familiar with how to start and operate tourism enterprises in any part of the world, especially in tourist-intensive regions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Destination Development
- Entrepreneurship in the Tourism Industry
- Managing Companies in the Tourism Industry
- Strategic Business Development in Tourism Industry Companies
- Project in Multidisciplinary Teams
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Degree Project in Sustainable Destination Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Sustainable Development Tourism & Leisure View 51 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose (1 page).
International14445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14445 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 145000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.