The Master Programme in Earth Science - Hydrology - Hydrogeology from Uppsala University focuses on processes relating to water at or near the Earth's surface and the water-human interaction.
It also provides a good foundation in management of water resources in our society.
The Master's Programme in Earth Science, specialising in Hydrology/Hydrogeology, prepares you with skills and knowledge for a career a professional hydrologist or hydrogeologist in environmental and natural resource management and in academia.
Our graduates work at, for example, AECOM, Berg AB and Sveco Environment AB. Job include hydrogeologist, hydrologist and environmental consultant.The programme also provides good opportunities for a postgraduate education with subsequent research careers
- Dynamics of Earth Systems
- Applied Geoinformatics for Earth Sciences
- Exploration and Environmental Geophysics
- Climate Variations
- Statistics and Data Analysis Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Hydrology & Water Management View 7 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Uppsala University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.Also required is:
- 90 credits in earth science and 15 credits in mathematics; or
- 90 credits in technology/engineering or physics and 30 credits in earth science or environmental science.
Selection: Students are selected based on:
- a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and
- a statement of purpose (1 page).
International13813 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27627 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72,500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.