The Intellectual Property Law programme at Hanken School of Economics is taught in close collaboration with industry, with IP organizations, as well as by internationally renowed visiting professors, to ensure they remain at the forefront of the developments in intellectual property matters.
Why IP Law?
As the protection of all types of intellectual property (patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets) becomes more and more important, the need for experts with competence in both law and business is growing exponentially.
The studies offer an international environment of high academic standard, with a wide range of career opportunities. As the only Finnish university in the European Union Intellectual Property Office University Network, our major offers a unique opportunity to network with students from other elite European institutions, as well as supervisors from EUIPO, which administrates European trademarks and design registration.
The graduates are equipped with
- comprehensive knowledge of the intellectual property laws in Europe and internationally
- competence in and knowledge of intellectual property rights in a business environment
- research and analytical skills
- communication skills
- independent critical thinking in intellectual property matters
- International and Comparative Intellectual Property Law
- Law and Economics of Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property Strategy for Business
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law
- International and Comparative IP Law
- Social Responsibility across Business Studies
- Bachelor's or Master's
- Language requirements
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.