Information technology is transforming the health care industry, giving providers ready access to electronic health records and other information that can vastly improve health care.
Our program offers a unique curriculum that combines leadership development with in-depth training in the rapidly changing field of health IT.
Launched in 2012, the UW’s Master of Health Informatics & Health Information Management program is designed to meet the growing need for leaders who can effectively develop and oversee enterprise-level health information systems.
The Health Informatics and Health Information Management program from University of Washington is offered by the Department of Health Services in the top-ranked School of Public Health. In 2015, the school ranked sixth among U.S. graduate schools of public health, according to U.S. News & World Report.
A self-sustaining, fee-based program, the MHIHIM is administered in partnership with UW Continuum College, which extends the reach of the UW with a range of online and on-campus programs for working professionals and other learners of all ages.
The MHIHIM is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education.
- Health Informatics
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Health Information Systems & Leadership
- Law, Policy & Ethics in Health Information
- Project Management
- Enterprise Systems & Electronic Health Records
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2128 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent from a foreign institution, preferably in business, information technology, health informatics, health information management or a health-related field*
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 graded semester credits or 90 graded quarter credits
- Demonstrated English language proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 18 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.