This Public Health in Community-Oriented Public Health Practice program from University of Washington is offered by the UW School of Public Health, one of the leading public health graduate schools in the country. In the most recent rating by U.S. News and World Report, the school was ranked sixth in the nation.
Take an Active Role in Your Learning
The COPHP program uses a student-centered learning method called problem-based learning. This approach cultivates the practical skills that public health practitioners need, including the ability to work in teams, identify key public health issues and their causes, recognize and deconstruct problems, and analyze and present information clearly and persuasively.
Promote and Improve Community Health
Earning your MPH in community-oriented public health practice gives you the ability to lead positive, productive and sustainable changes in the health of the community. You’ll learn to assess the health assets and needs of specific communities and populations, identify and address social structures that create health disparities, and marshal resources and mobilize communities to implement successful public health programs.
Strong Career Outlook for COPHP Grads
Our alumni have gone on to a variety of notable jobs in communities across the United States and around the world. All are working in public health, and more than half are employed in community agencies, nonprofits and government agencies
- Below is just a sampling of the professional positions held by COPHP alumni.
- Consultant, Spectrum Research, Inc. (Seattle)
- Development Manager, Economic Opportunity Institute (Seattle)
- Director, Africa Operations, Scope Project, University of Washington (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- Health Equity Coordinator, Division of Public Health, State of Alaska (Anchorage, AK)
- Program Manager, Malaria Elimination Initiative, University of California, San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Public Information Officer, Public Health – Seattle & King County (Bainbridge Island, WA)
- Research Coordinator, Partnerships for Native Health, Washington State University (Seattle)
- Syndromic Surveillance Outreach Coordinator and Legislative Lead, Washington State Department of Health (Seattle)
- Youth Clinic Manager, Neighborcare Health (Seattle)
- Population Health & Community Development
- Analytic Methods – Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Health Behavior, Health Promotion & Environmental Health
- Health Policy
- Participatory Evaluation & Community Engagement
- Management & Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Community Development View 1406 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
National35064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35064 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20175 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.