In the Horticultural Science programme from Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences you gain insight into how garden production and cultivation can contribute to a more sustainable society. You also learn basics in innovative technologies that enable pioneering uses of plants.
A change in food consumption towards an increased proportion of vegetarian foods is expected to increase the market for horticultural products. This shift towards a more sustainable and environmentally friendly food consumption creates an increased demand for knowledge about cultivation, cultivation systems and understanding of the importance of plants for human health and well-being.
The program emphasizes the multidisciplinarity of horticultural science. Courses are developed and jointly implemented by departments with different disciplines, all in order to highlight and explore biological, economical, social as well technical, methodological and theoretical aspects of horticultural science.
A master´s degree with a major in Horticultural Science provides the opportunity to work with developmental projects within the horticultural industry, nationally as well as internationally.
Other possible jobs can be exercise of product manager in horticultural firms, authority, counseling, teaching, research and consulting assignments.
Employers may be firms, educational organizations, authorities and consulting business. These studies can also provide opportunities for postgraduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Horticultural Systems and Future Challenges
- Product Development and Innovation Systems in Horticultur
- Microbial Horticulture
- Environmental Economics and Management
- Horticultural Production Physiology
- Project Management and Process Facilitation
- Applied Plant Biotechnology
- Scientific Methods, Tools and Thesis Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesAgribusiness Agriculture Horticulture View 3 other Masters in Agriculture in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Horticultural Science - Master’s Programme requires a first-cycle qualification in natural sciences or social sciences comprising at least 180 credits. Applicants with the equivalent qualifications obtained by means of a degree from another country, or with the equivalent knowledge obtained in some other way, may also be regarded as fulfilling the specific entry requirements.
- The applicant must further have a level of English equivalent to upper secondary school English (Engelska 6).
International14901 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14901 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.