During the 1960’s graduate level Engineering Management programs were created to account for this educational deficit and speed the acquisition of the needed tools and skills. Today, there are over two hundred master-level programs, three ABET accredited undergraduate, and four doctorial programs in engineering management. The University of Tennessee programs are among the oldest.
Similar programs have recently appeared that appear similar to engineering management but serve a different population. Many business schools have created a Technology Management Option to their MBA programs. These programs still have significant prerequisites before an engineer can benefit from the graduate curriculum. Others have created a Management of Technology graduate degree that typically recruits a higher- level administrator than engineering management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Statistical Methods in Industrial Engineering
- Advanced Engineering Economic Analysis
- Optimization Methods in Industrial Engineering
- Analytical Methods for Engineering Managers
- Theory and Practice of Engineering Management
- Financial Management for Engineering Managers
- Project Management
- Advanced Information Systems
- Production and Inventory Systems
- Reliability of Lean Systems
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1578 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Apply for admission to one of the UTSI graduate programs by completing the online UT Graduate School Application (select UT Space Institute or UTSI Off-Campus Enrollment).
- $60 application fee must accompany application
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended
- GRE general test report (copy will suffice) for all applicants
- Official IELTS report from the British Council or
- TOEFL report from Educational Testing Service (ETS)
For international students, please refer to the International Student Admission Guide. For admission deadlines refer to the following link.
International14806 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14806 USD for the full programme and a duration of .
National5712 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5712 USD for the full programme and a duration of .
Students enrolled in at least 9 semester hours during the Fall/Spring semesters or 6 hours in the Summer term are considered full-time students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.