The Master Programme in Accounting and Financial Management - Management Control at Uppsala University is designed for students who plan to work and do research in the fields of management and controlling. You will study and analyse both the financial system and its organisational context, gaining insight from resource and operations management perspectives.
In the Management Control specialisation, you'll gain the skills you need to meet the growing demand for controllers, CFOs and consultants who can help organisations effectively manage their resources.
The specialisation is run by the Department of Business Studies, home to researchers who lead their fields in the areas of corporate entrepreneurship, industrial marketing, institutional analysis, international business and more. You'll also benefit from Sweden's stellar reputation for social responsibility - values that inform all of our Master's programmes.
Your Management Control specialisation prepares you for a variety of roles in the field of organisational development - including controller, CFO and consultant. Knowledge of the link between management control and organisational development is important to create business development. You may choose to work in the private or public sector of the international job market or become an entrepreneur. The programme also lays a good foundation for further research studies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Analysis and Managerial Action
- Accounting Theory
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Scientific Methods in Business Research
- The Role and Techniques of a Controller/CFO
- Management Control Philosophies
- Leading and Controlling Organisational Change
This field of study is suitable for those who plan to work within, and or do research about, the Financial Management/controller area.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Management Studies Accounting View 15 other Masters in Accounting in Sweden
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. Also required is 90 credits in business studies and 15 credits in statistics.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: GMAT test result, Higher education credits (maximum 285 credits)
International9526 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19053 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50,000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.