The Master of Music in Scoring for Film, Television, and Video Games at Berklee College of Music focuses on the art and craft of composing, orchestrating, editing, and producing music for the screen. You’ll design an individualized course of study in collaboration with graduate advisors in a manner that best meets your career and artistic goals.
Scoring for film, television, and video games students are required to complete a culminating experience that serves as both a practicum and a bridge to the professional world. The tangible end product of this experience will take the form of an original score, scholarly paper and/or research project, or other enterprise that offers an original solution to the challenge of marrying music to visual media, specifically, film, television, and video games. You will work in consultation with your faculty advisor and/or the program director to develop your project, the goal of which is a professional outcome. A culminating experience committee evaluates the final project that results from the culminating experience.
Upon completion of the program you will be able to:
- synthesize the language of visual media;
- evaluate and apply leadership models as tools for ethical and culturally influenced decision-making;
- interpret and apply musically artistic aesthetics to visual media projects in different styles;
- analyze and research techniques of leading masters of music composition, orchestration, and arranging;
- synthesize intellectual property laws, with particular attention to artistic contracts;
- design project management plans for emerging new media scoring models;
- assess financial considerations in the commerce of music within the entertainment economy; and
- exhibit expertise in the technology applications appearing in media scoring and sound environments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Scoring: Narrative Analysis
- Directed Study
- Video Game Scoring Techniques
- Advanced Dramatic Orchestration
- Recording, Editing and Mixing Techniques for Film Composers
- Technology in Media Scoring
- Conducting for Scoring
- Principles of Music Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of Bachelor's Degree
- Student Visas
- English Language Requirement
- Supporting Materials
International44360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22180 USD per semester during 18 months.
National44360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22180 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Valencia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.