You will also explore the art and science of musical innovation and case studies of transformative music innovators.
You will apply the principles of innovation to your own advanced music project, which may be a technology-aided composition, a large-scale recording project, and/or live performances that may feature: interactivity; multi-channel audio; digital visual expressions; originally designed instruments and systems; and/or musical applications for web and mobile devices. Other innovations that push the boundaries of music and technology may also be possible for your project.
The goal is to produce a body of work that will prepare you for a career in music technology innovation, composition and production, interactive and mixed media, remixing, electronic musicianship, DJing, software and game development, live performance in solo and ensemble settings, and/or education. Upon completing the Music Production, Technology and Innovation program at Berklee College of Music, you will also be well prepared to adapt to rapid changes and new creative directions in the music industry.
When you complete the Master of Music in Music Production, Technology and Innovation, you will have the ability to:
- create innovative music using technology;
- apply technology to the composition of music;
- analyze the properties of sound;
- master critical listening and assessment skills;
- synthesize studio technologies and techniques;
- master MIDI and audio production technologies and techniques;
- perform electronic music live;
- integrate music and audio into software applications and games;
- generate and manipulate video in relationship to music; and
- develop audio in the context of software applications (i.e., coding)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hybrid Recording Methods and Strategies
- Advanced Hybrid Recording Methods and Strategies
- Nonlinear Structures for Real-Time Media
- DJing and Turntablism
- Mobile Music App Writing
- Applied Analog Synthesis
- Applied Media Design Techniques
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Innovation Management View 20 other Masters in Innovation Management in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We seek open-minded, ambitious musicians who want to leverage technology in pursuit of their artistic vision and career goals.Ideal candidates want to:
- gain cutting-edge skills in music technology;
- apply new inspiration and possibilities to their artistic endeavors;
- implement the principles of innovation to their craft and careers;
- focus on developing and implementing new and emerging music technologies; and
- shape the future of music.
- excellent musicianship;
- facility with technology;
- success in both artistic and academic settings;
- a strong work ethic, including prior accomplishment; and
- the motivation to make massive progress in one year.
International42750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42750 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National42750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42750 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.