UNC has a distinguished tradition in public policy as a charter member of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM).
At University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, the Public Policy faculty expertise in education and labor markets; environment and human welfare; business and public policy; innovation and entrepreneurship; social policy and inequality; health policy, bioethics, and human rights; international development policy; global conflict and cooperation; and other policy areas.
- In addition to the M.A. and Ph.D. degree, Public Policy offers a undergraduate major and minor in public policy and a graduate minor for interested students in other academic units.
- Microeconomic Foundations of Public Policy
- Risks, Shocks, and the Safety Net
- Analysis of National Security Policy
- Designing for Impact: Social Enterprise Lab
- Quantitative Analysis for Public Policy
- Business, Competition, and Public Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy View 199 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.