A broad background is offered in most major areas of geoscience, with particular emphasis on hydrology, coastal processes, isotope geochemistry, geochronology, seismology, volcanology, igneous petrology, marine geology, low-temperature geochemistry, paleoclimatology, paleoceanography, paleontology, paleoecology, sequence stratigraphy, structural geology, earth surface processes, and tectonics.
Facilities and Research Interests
- The Department of Geological Sciences at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill occupies the 50,000 square feet of floor space in Elisha Mitchell Hall.
- Research equipment and facilities include two thermal ionization mass spectrometers with associated Class 100 clean labs.
- Oceanic Processes in Environmental Systems
- Principles and Methods of Teaching Earth Science
- Environmental Systems Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology View 278 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State10350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 345 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.