The Periodontology program from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill consists of a 36-month course of study leading to a certificate in periodontics and a master of science degree conferred by the UNC Graduate School. Alternative degree programs include a master of public health and a Ph.D. in oral and craniofacial biomedicine.
- The curriculum is devoted to the study of biological concepts and literature that encompass the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the supporting and surrounding tissues of the teeth or their substitutes, and the maintenance of the health, function, and esthetics of these structures and tissues.
- Clinical acquisition of skills in periodontology and implantology is a primary focus of the program. Resident experiences include patient care, teaching, and research. Elective courses relating to areas of research interests are available.
- Periodontal Therapy
- Case Analysis
- Seminar in Periodontology
- Clinical Implantology
- Advanced Clinical Periodontics and Clinical Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry View 117 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 36 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.