Designed for professional biologists, but open to bachelor's degree holders in any field, the Secondary Education Certification - Biology program at California University of Pennsylvania combines core courses in pedagogy with teaching instruction specific to life science. You'll graduate ready to teach biology to grades 7-12 in Pennsylvania and beyond.
Cal U takes a time-honored approach to teacher education.
Founded as a teacher's college, Cal U has a 160-year reputation of producing top-quality educators.
Cal U's teaching programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. In addition, Cal U education programs have been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954, and we are continuing with the successor organization, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Secondary education students gain extensive real-word teaching experience in Pennsylvania
Graduate degree courses in biology education will give you mastery of the latest practices and theories in teaching science while deepening your expertise of biology and related disciplines. You'll also gain extensive hands-on experience through fieldwork and student teaching.
- Study science and biology curriculum development techniques and how to use the Standards Aligned System (SAS).
- Learn top strategies in classroom management.
- Master classroom technology for teaching biology.
- Deepen your knowledge of genetics, chemistry, anatomy, ecology and other scientific disciplines.
- Gain real-world classroom experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Zoology
- General Botany
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
- Human Anatomy
- General Ecology
- Human Physiology
- Comparative Animal Physiology
- General Chemistry
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Biology Genetics View 474 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.80 or higher (Students with a GPA below 2.80 may apply for conditional admission)
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 30 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 30 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.